Saturday, November 20, 2010

the love for wings

My boss has always been amazed by Singaporean's obsession over chicken wings. I don't deny it. I love chicken wings.

People have been raving about the spicy wings at Sunset Grill. Even if it meant we had to travel great distances and wander around in the wilderness for hours, I decided it was worth the effort.

Ok, it was not that tough. I cheated by asking Gek Kia to take me there. He drove, so all I had to do was to pull up the location on Gothere.sg and left it all to him to navigate.

The wings did not blow my mind. We didn't want to be too ambitious so we ordered Level 2 on the spicyness chart. I am glad we did because Gek Kia was complaining that the spicy wings were giving him a headache.

I was pleasantly surprised by the deep fried battered mushrooms, which were really as tasty as they were pretty.

If it is wings you are after, here are my top five spots:
5. Skinny wings from Everything with Fries
4. Kentucky Fried Chicken (although I'd recommend the thigh more than their wings)
3. A&W chicken wings (I don't think you can get this in Singapore)
2. Timbre buffalo wings
1. No. 5 or Ice Cold Beer deep fried wings

1 comment:

  1. Where is the Devil's wings from St James Powerstation?? :)

    ReplyDelete