Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Top 8 highlights of 2013

8. I'm still loving my job.

Since I returned to the FutureGov Editorial team in August, I've been going to work with a renewed joy, eager to find out what exciting news I'm going to write. Best of all, I now have two great teammates and we - the Powerpuff Girls - really do rock!

7. Crossed Western USA off my list of places to go

Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, San Francisco - checked! Went crazy shopping at Kate Spade outlet stores, took my virgin helicopter ride, watched a circus for the first time and had more bowls of clam chowder than ever. Special thanks to my two travel buddies - Daniel and Rain. Read all about it here

6. Took two months break from work

I didn't work at a cafe this time. Instead, took a real good break just catching up on sleep, meeting friends and travelling. Feels great being able to watch movie, go shopping or visit SEA Aquarium and Adventure Cove on weekdays to beat the crowd.  

5. Discovered Pandora

Inspired by my colleague Melissa, I decided to invest in a starter bracelet, and thanks to Ivy, Adelene, Zhihui, KC, and Becky, my Pandora bracelet is looking real fine now. 

4. Become qualified Cafe Hunters

Armed with newspaper and laptop, we conquered cafe after cafe - from the most popular to the least accessible. My favourite so far still has to be Carpenter and Cook, which I believe has the perfect mix - quaint, interesting furniture, antiques with a lot of character, superlicious home-made desserts. 

3. Celebrated 30 years of amazing friendship

My bestie since 1983. Ivy is always curious about my life, ready to support me when I'm in doubt, remembering me through little gifts, and forgiving when I'm insensitive. I can't ask for a better bestie. Looking forward to celebrating 31 years in August!

2. We got engaged!

Exactly two years at the very spot we got together, he got on one knee and promised to take care of me for the rest of our lives. Since then, I've been having a blast planning for our big day

1. Bought our first home

Chances were slim - 900 units, 3,000 applicants - but we got it! We got to wait till 2018 before we can move in, so we can spend the next three to four years dreaming big on how we would like our future home to be. 



1 comment:

  1. I still don't know how you get to travel the world more than me - but happy to see you had so many important highlights, and that being an Alphabetter was one of them!

    ReplyDelete