Friday, August 27, 2010

how i met your mother


I discovered this comedy on one of the flights and it is now the first thing I watch after catching one of the latest blockbusters on the inflight entertainment system.

The title of this post is (again) a little random. It is Oyvind's birthday today and I was just thinking of the circumstances of how we met.

In a short one year, he has made it to my 'good friend' list (yes, I categorize my friends and keep them in a little black book), so I think I can indulge him by dedicating a post to him. (And I did not mail him any gift this year, so yes, it is a little out of guilt as well.)

And as you know I love lists, here is one of 5 reasons why Oyvind is a dear friend:

5. He has the best moves to Lady Gaga's Poker Face and Telephone.
4. He whips up a mean appetizer called
bruschetta with chorizo sausage and feta cheese.
3. He makes me laugh 80 per cent of the time. The other 20 per cent is spent recuperating from the exhaustion.
2. We always seem to have another hour's worth of conversation, and then another, then another.
1. He is a hot geek. So calling out all single girls out there reading this - I think the criteria is pretty and smart - please submit your application to me!

How I met Oyvind? It was along the corridor outside my room at Jazz Hostel on my first night in New York. Spontaneous and unplanned, we headed to Webster Hall with six to seven other travellers for a crazy night of dancing. And there was no turning back for our friendship since.

No comments:

Post a Comment