Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nerds and leather go together

My boss, James, knows I have a soft spot for nerds. And it’s sort of true. He is a nerd with a leather… bible!

The conversation was a little more succinct this time, concluding outstanding issues raised last Friday and taking the last opportunity to clarify doubts. He has spoken to Pastor and I have discussed with Kengyi.

  • How are Christian relationships different?
  • Are we ready to make sacrifices for the other person?
  • Where do we go from here?

We were on the same page (I think) on most issues. For the rest, we will have to work at it along the way. I foresee it is going to be ‘long-suffering’ for him because of all my weaknesses and stubborness.

He pointed me to Ephesians 5. The guy leads in the relationship and ‘lays down his life’ for her as Christ did for the church. “He wears a crown of thorns,” he said.

Speechless and impressed.

1 comment:

  1. Jason said Newcastle fans are "long suffering", "passionate" and "loyal". 'Nuff said :)

    ReplyDelete