Wednesday, October 27, 2010

traffic-directing cows

It's my second time back in Delhi. Instead of a cheesy photograph of me holding the tip of the taj mahal, here's one of my favourite sights.

I love the chaos. And being surprised every now and then. Like the truck with 'Horn me!' splashed across its back, or the decade-old water cooler in the office lobby which has transformed into a desert ecosystem, or the occasional cow moonlighting as a road divider.

My hotel room cost S$450 per night and hiring a chauffeur to take me around for interviews brought me back at least S$150. It's not a cheap city. But at the same time I see half-nude beggars lying by the side of dusty roads, lorries without doors overloaded with passengers, and unfinished buildings abandoned.

There is so much more to Delhi. I want it to amaze me more, and to keep me on my toes. It demands a trip here again, hopefully not for work the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment