Friday, September 10, 2010

tea off


My tea and dinner party coincidentally was at Meritus Mandarin Gallery, the relatively new four-storey mall at Orchard.

I would normally dread spending the whole day in the mall, but spending time catching up with good friends over carefully plated and delicious food made me change my mind.

It has been months since the last time the girlies met up. We see one another at church every week but you never get to the juicy details when everyone is rushing for service or juggling five conversations over lunch.

Pih, Kengyi, Grace, Shiuan, Marianna and I had a lovely afternoon in Lawry's. The S$15 tea set included one savoury snack, one dessert, and a drink. We tried almost everything on Lawry's 'Afternoon Indulgence' menu.

Savories

  • Prime rib yorkshire roll up
  • Sauteed cream of mushroom with garlic bread
  • Honey baked ham on cantaloupe
  • Ham cheese toast
  • Smoked salmon and cream cheese puff
Sweets
  • Homemade scones with devonshire cream
  • English trifle
  • Strawberries ala chocolate
  • Brownie with Haagen Dazs ice cream
The food was a bonus, the real deal was the catch up. I thank God every week for these sisters in Christ who keep encouraging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment